10 Aug 2021 FOCACCIA WITH OLIVES AND ROSEMARY RECIPE
The olive is a very diverse food, which can be eaten alone or accompanied. In Aceitunas Escamilla we grow a wide variety of olives: Manzanilla, Gordial and Verdial. Each one with different characteristics and exceptional flavor. Today we bring you a recipe of Focaccia with olives and rosemary that will leave all your guests speechless.
FOCACCIA WITH OLIVES AND ROSEMARY
Focaccia is a kind of flat bread, very popular in Italy and is usually seasoned with olive oil and coarse salt, flavored with herbs such as rosemary. Both green and black olives can also be added to give it a Mediterranean touch.
To make this recipe we will need the following ingredients:
- 350 g. of strong wheat flour
- 200 ml. of warm water
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tablespoon salt (about 7 grams)
- ½ tablespoon of sugar
- 5 g. of dry baker’s yeast (or 15 g. of fresh pressed yeast)
- 40 g. of Escamilla Pitted Green Manzanilla Olives
- 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of fresh rosemary
- Coarse or flaked salt
This Focaccia recipe is easy to prepare, it is also a very multi-purpose dish since it can be prepared as an appetizer before a meal or it can be made a little more substantial and served as a main dish.
How to prepare FOCACCIA
- Put in a large bowl the flour, the 5 g. of dry yeast dissolved in a little water and the sugar.
- Make a hole in the middle of the flour and pour the 200ml of water. Integrate the dough little by little with our hands. Add the oil and the salt. Once the dough is more or less compact, put it on the table.
- Knead the dough for 10-12 minutes, when it becomes elastic, make a ball and place it in a bowl (which we have covered with flour before), cover it and let it rest for 60 minutes.
- Once it has doubled in volume, place it on an oiled baking sheet and stretch it with your hands, making small holes in the dough with your fingertips.
- Place the pitted green manzanilla olives in slices and the rosemary leaves and let stand for another 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 250º for 10 minutes and once hot, put the oven tray in the oven and bake the Focaccia for 15 minutes at the same temperature.
- Once baked, cut into squares and enjoy!