Olive pâté: a delicious Andalusian delicacy
Although this olive pâté you can make it with any other type of olive, but we recommend the verdial olive. Why? It is a fairly fatty varietyThis results in a very unctuous olive. In addition, we have a weakness for its taste sweet, fruity and slightly spicy. A point in favour of this olive is that it is long and large, so removing the stone can be easy.
As we told you, making olive paste at home can be somewhat cumbersome because of the fact that the olives have to be pitted. But we can make the olive pâté with our own selection of olives. In this type of recipe, the raw material is everything in order to obtain a good result. Those of us who live in Spain are fortunate enough to be able to produce high quality olives.
The diversity of making your own olive pâté recipe
As a basic recipeyou can play and add different ingredients. For example: garlic, capers, oregano, basil, thyme, pepper, mustard or even nuts. And remember that the oliveIn addition to eating it spread on bread, you can also prepare vinaigrettes.
We have accompanied the recipe with with some capers, which you can also find at our catalogue of flaked olives. And the truth is that gives a very good taste. We recommend serving the olive pâté on toast with a caper on top - delicious!
- 150 gr green verdial olives
- 1 anchovy
- 1 tablespoon of capers
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic
- 1 sprig of thyme, fresh rosemary and fresh basil
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Firstly, pit the olives with the help of a knife.
- Then peel the clove of garlic and Place all the ingredients in the blender container:
- olives, anchovies, capers, garlic, basil leaves, thyme and rosemary and a couple of tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- We grind everything until we get a homogeneous and lumpy texture.
- You can add the amount of oil to tastedepending on the final result you want to achieve.
Finally, it's just a matter of taste our olive pâtéWe hope you like it.